Monday, August 31, 2026

Introduction

 Hi everyone!

My name is Katie Lawson, and I'm excited to be entering my 5th (and hopefully final) year of my undergraduate degree at RIT. I was originally a Software Engineering major for the first three years of my undergraduate career, but I decided to transfer into Museum Studies before the beginning of last fall semester, and I am continually more grateful and satisfied that I did so! Not only do I enjoy the kind of work I'm doing more than I did before, but the spectrum of topics in the potential classes I can take is far more varied in a way I really like. 

I am looking forward to not only completing this final year and getting my BS in Museum Studies and my minors in ASL & Deaf Cultural Studies, Art History, and Software Engineering, but to hopefully be beginning my master's journey next year to further my goal in becoming a professional archivist one day (hopefully in the near future). I've already gotten some hands-on experience under my belt (having been an intern in the Cultural Heritage Imaging lab on campus this previous summer), but I am eager to get more!

I can't wait to continue in this semester and beyond!

- Katie 


No comments:

Post a Comment