Hello everyone! I’m Alexandra, but I usually go by Allie. I’m a fifth year Museum Studies major minoring in Criminal Justice. I’m very excited (and a little nervous) to finally be starting my thesis project. The time came faster than I expected, which could partially be because I transferred into Museum Studies in my third year. I started out at RIT as a Chemical Engineering major, but found that I really was not passionate about what I was doing as a ChemE. I plan to graduate in May, and hopefully go into something in museum education or maybe curation. During my Spring 2026 semester, I started working in the Cultural Heritage Imaging lab on campus with the MISHA system. I still have an interest in chemistry, and wanted to make use of my criminal justice minor to see if there would be forensic capabilities with the system. There are paints that have animal blood in them, or artifacts made with poison materials, and I was curious if those would look different when imaged than regular paints. I briefly discussed with a professor about seeing if different drugs painted on paper could be identified under multispectral imaging, which I could also explore. I have done smaller research projects in previous semesters. Hopefully some of what I learned doing those projects I can take into my thesis and expand upon.
Looking forward to a great semester and a great year!
Allie Cassella
No comments:
Post a Comment