Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Name is...

Hey, I'm Kayla!

I have met many of you, but I know that not all of you may know a lot about me so I'll go ahead and fill in my background for all who are interested.

For starters, I love to dance, and have been in various dance classes and performing arts my entire life. Right now, and for the last year and a half, I've been learning ballroom dance. Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Tango, Foxtroxt, Argentine Tango, Rumba, Bolero, Quickstep, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Hustle, and Cha-cha are most of the dances I have learned from ballroom. Before I took ballroom classes, I was in ballet, tap dance, color guard, and Winterguard. If you can't tell, I really like dance.  I also like to go on walks in the woods from time to time, and I like to travel.

I also recently finished a Co-op at the Strong Museum of Play, where I worked in the Curatorial, Public Programming, and Institutional Advancement offices. The coolest Museum that I've ever been to is the St.Louis City Museum, in St. Louis, MO, which is where I was born. I love that museum so much, and I have yet to find a museum that compares. It has a gutted plane that is suspended in the air that children can climb into; and that's in the parking lot, before you even enter the place.

That's all for now, until next time.

Be well.

-Kayla

4 comments:

  1. Kayla, great to learn more about your interests and to hear about your internship experience. Maybe there's something from that experience that you can build upon for your thesis? Looking forward to learning more! Dr. Decker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of different styles of dance! It would be really neat if you could find some way to incorporate dance into your thesis, since it seems to be such a passion of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented in so many ways! I can't wait to see what your thesis involves this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interest in ballroom dance! I have always wanted to learn all those types of dances but have never found the time or more honestly the guts to do it. Where are you learning to ballroom dance? I must know for future reference.

    ReplyDelete