Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Senior Thesis Description

My senior thesis project is focused on creating an exhibit that shows the role Rochester played in World War 1. This is not just about the service members who went off and fought in Europe, but also the people who made weapons and equipment used on the Western Front. My goal is to tell the untold stories of the Rochester war machine that worked through the war aiding the Americans who were fighting in Europe. I want to focus on the response of the city and how fast the local industries were able to adapt for war and the hesitation of the citizens willing to join, at first, when they discovered America was at war. I want to tell this story so that people can have a glimpse into what happened when Rochester answered the call to war. I hope that with this exhibit I will be able to tell the modern day citizens of Rochester the acts of bravery and ingenuity that the cities inhabitants had during WW1 and how that can translate to today.

I will be able to gain help from the local Military History Society of Rochester to gather information on much of what I will need for the exhibit. I will also use the R.I.T. Archives to gather further information on what the school did during the war and which members of the student body joined the military and whether or not they came home.

1 comment:

  1. Cameron, I like that your exhibit will focus on answering the call - and your inclusion of RAMI in the discussion. Question: will the exhibit be digital and onsite or digital only?

    ReplyDelete