Friday, February 10, 2023

Thesis Progress

Right after today's class, I am interviewing Diego Sandoval-Hernandez, an outreach librarian from the Brooklyn Public Library who deals with prison and library services. I am looking forward to talking to him and hearing about his work and experiences. I think these interviews will really contribute to my analysis of how prison libraries function today and if they are successful as libraries in the educational and recreational materials and programs they provide. My first thesis draft is pretty rough, but I am excited to continue to work on improving and further developing it. Maren, my second reader, has also provided really interesting sources on exhibiting the writings and experiences of incarcerated people and the potential issues that may arise from this, such as the exploitation of incarcerated people's trauma in promoting certain personal agendas/ideals.

No comments:

Post a Comment