Since my introductory post, I have honed in on a specific project which I will use to expand my experience in archives and hopefully contribute to ongoing conversations about archival principles of arrangement and description. I will be working on a collection housed at the Rochester Public Library of the personal records of Dr. Lewis Lansky, a former MCC History professor and member of the civil rights action group F.I.G.H.T. (Freedom, Integration, God, Honor, Today), and the later group Friends of F.I.G.H.T., established for non-black allies in Rochester.
Through some initial research I have found an oral history interview with Dr. Lansky, along with two articles he wrote for the MCC student paper on his first-hand experiences marching with Dr. King and working with other civil rights leaders.
I am so excited to begin working on this project, which will involve fully processing it and will culminate in a finding aid created through ArchivesSpace.
No comments:
Post a Comment