Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Intercession Plans

My plan of work for intercession is as follows:

Week of Dec. 18th:
-       Take advice and feedback from final session of class and make appropriate changes to current work
-      -Continue research

Week of Dec. 25th:
-       Finish reading “From Storefront to Monument”
-       Continue research

Week of Jan. 1st:
-       Finish reading “Understanding Jim Crow”
-       Continue research

Week of Jan 8th:
-       Finish reading “Routledge Companion to Museum Ethics”
-       Set up meeting/interview time with Kathryn Murano-Santos

Week of Jan 15th:
-       Revise and make additions to lit review – specifically add an overview of museum ethics
-       Begin writing first draft of introduction

Week of Jan 22nd:
-       Finish writing first draft of introduction before first day of class

-       Get signatures from Juilee Decker and Michael Brown on proposal

k    My goal for my thesis over break is to regularly allocate time each week to addressing the hurdles listed. During the semester, I couldn't focus 100% on my thesis because I had four other classes and work that took up most of my time. Over intercession, I will not have nearly as many distractions and I am confident I will be able to make quite a bit of progress. I plan on contacting Kathryn Murano-Santos at the RMSC to at least set up a meeting/interview time, if not have the meeting/interview over break as well. This will be a big item checked off the list, as the information she will give me about the panel and the RMSC will be the basis for a large portion of my thesis.
j

2 comments:

  1. Kelli, I totally agree, the winter intersession is the perfect time to do research without the added stress of additional classes. Is the panel already at the RMSC? I like your plan to meet with Professor Murano their to continue your research. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to an update before the spring semester!

    ReplyDelete