Monday, December 5, 2016

My plan for thesis over break

My plan of work over the intercession is the following;

December 13- Receive feedback from faculty and Joelle Adolfi about revisions of proposal

December 15- Cocktails with Creatives: M.C. Escher – MAG event (possibly)

December 22/29- MAGthursdays, Memorial Art Gallery hosts a weekly event at the museum with live music, food, wine/beer (observation)

January 3- January 23- begin drafting thesis and working specifically on writing out the interview portions and observations of the Happiest Hour, get RMSC survey results from Joelle and process the results as compared to my research

January 23- Get signatures from Tina Lent and Joelle Adolfi

I will be at RIT over intercession so I plan on working through some of the aspects of my thesis throughout the weeks. I definitely will no abandon my project and I am going to set aside time to write and compile my own observations. I have outlined key points that I would like to cover in my content outline that I would like to address in regards to the observational approaches I will take at these events. I hope to come away with a better understanding of what individuals are engaging with and how their behavior speaks to their experience at the museums.

4 comments:

  1. We hope to see you at MAG. You should also try and check out the De Tour on Thursday night (3rd Thursday) It is a MAG version of a Museum HACK tour. Interactive and thought provoking. (Meg @ MAG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, it seems to me that you have a lot of fun research to do over winter break. I like your use of dates in your plan of work becasue it is easier to remember when your multitude of events are. I know you are taking notes while you reserve but remember to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you go to MAG events. I'd love to join you if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those MAG events sound awesome. Sadly, I think I'll be busy or out of town for the ones you listed, but I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them!

    ReplyDelete