Monday, September 5, 2022

Introduction

Hi everyone! I'm Gabby, a 4th year Museum Studies and Spanish double major, with a goal by graduation to be a art history minor as well. I am from Scotia, NY which is about 20 minutes away from Albany. I don't know if I mentioned it during class, but last semester I studied abroad in Madrid, Spain, and had an amazing time exploring the capital and visiting many museums (and of course practicing my Spanish language skills)! I mention this because I am definitely thinking about doing a thesis topic related to Spanish art/museums. I have a couple of ideas forming at the moment, but the one I am most interested in doing research on, is how the development of the Reina Sofia Museum's collection, consisting mainly of 20th century art, was heavily influenced by the Spanish Civil War and the art produced at the time (whether propaganda or major works such as Picasso's Guernica). Unfortunately, I do not have a pet photo to share, since I have no pets so, I give you an example of the art in the Reina Sofia. It is a sketch to a piece made by Salvador Dali in 1935 entitled, Premonition of the Civil War.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment