Thursday, April 27, 2023

End of the Year Reflection

    On our last day of thesis class, moments after sending in my final copy for approval, it now feels like my final year is winding to an end. While I know that I still have to finish work for my other classes and present my poster at the Capstone Conference, getting this thesis completed and submitted has been like a giant weight lifted off my shoulders. To think, at the beginning of this semester I could not imagine writing a 25-page paper about the Spanish Civil War and the Museo Reina Sofía, let alone the 64-page document (43 of which are writing) it became. It took countless hours of writing, re-writing, adding citations, inserting images, responding to feedback, and creating a SketchUp model to get to this point. While I might not have been happy in the moment writing the thesis, and in fact most of the time I was quite frustrated, it was all worth it. I am proud that I was able to finish this, and create a piece about something I am truly passionate about. While I might not want to read about the Spanish Civil War, the art works created during the time period, and the Reina Sofía for a little bit, I could definitely see it as a topic to pursue further in the future, potentially in grad school…? In all seriousness, I would not have been able to complete this thesis without the support of my advisors, Dr. Decker and Professor Monaco, and my thesis professor, Dr. Brown. Their feedback and advice helped to sharpen my thesis and get me thinking about my argument in a larger context (while also correcting a lot of run-on sentences and comma misuse). While I am glad to finally be done working on this thesis, I am a little bit sad the journey is over. No matter how much I struggled, it was a rewarding experience in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment