Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Across the Finish Line

 I don't think it has registered yet that I'm actually finished. Thesis? Check. Poster? Check. Online exhibit? Check. It sounds so simple written out like but what a crazy time getting to this point! 

Last semester in MUSE 489 I had such a hard time. Nothing felt right. None of my ideas felt like "me". So the last week of classes I completely changed my thesis. It felt slightly insane at the time but what a great decision. This thesis project focused on what brought me to the museum studies program in the first place. Objects, and the stories they tell, has always been a bit of an obsession. From growing up in my grandparents antique store, to having parents who collected just about everything, to my favorite museum experiences. I love how objects can connect us to the past. Not sure why it didn't click earlier than the last week of classes last semester but here we are.

I completed all ten case studies that I set out to do. I feel so connected to the people that owned these objects and the world they lived in. I'm hoping others feel the same after viewing my online exhibit.

www.10objects.com

Check it out. I'm pretty pleased with it. It was my first time using WordPress but after the initial learning curve I'm happy with the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment