Thursday, March 17, 2016

Breakthrough in Senior Thesis

This semester taught me couple of things with my senior thesis paper. Working on Time management, visiting support staffs and doing heavy research while work remotely is most significance and difficult steps to accomplish. It is an honor for me to announce that American School of the Deaf (ASD), my work place, will have upcoming opening/kickoff gala to celebrate ASD's upcoming 200th anniversary in April 2017!

American School for the Deaf's Bicentennial Celebration. 2016.
http://www.asd-1817.org/page.cfm?p=1232

This week I have posted more literature review and image contents to the appendix for my senior thesis paper.  According to my readers, they felt that I didn't provided enough information of the literature review but too much of digital project reviews. I took their advices and researched for more reading contents related to digital archive projects. In addition, I was worried about naming the professional staffs in my paper, those staff members are who i work with for ASD's upcoming gala/exhibition. After discussing with Dr. Decker about my concerns about naming these staffs, Dr. Decker proposed to mention the title positions instead the name to respect the privacy of the professional staffs.

My challenges with this paper is insufficient data of literature review and my work progress from my internship with ASD. I decided to pay another visitation to ASD. My plan for the upcoming spring break, to travel back to my worksite at ASD to collect more information for my thesis, take up some training workshop with Uni. of Conn. with their digital archive to help ASD digitize their selected collection items.

No comments:

Post a Comment