Thursday, March 17, 2016

Progression of Thesis

The semester is going by quickly and my thesis is progressing wonderfully. I have not faced any major challenges and I am very happy with the way my paper is turning out.

I have spent this week working on figures and captions, and on the appendix while I wait for feedback on my second draft. I have a couple more pages worth of content to write, which I will pick up again once I have received the feedback. Spring break starts this weekend and I intend to complete my thesis during that time.
   
Below is an image I took when visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame's Museum, and it is also one of the images I have included in my paper. This portion was a part of a case about "The Changing Face of Baseball." The blue label in particular caught my interest, and has been a great supplement to my paper.  It reads:
       Reviving African American Baseball
       Integration of African-Americans into the majors reached a peak of 18.7% in 1981, but their                participation has dropped since then, sinking below 8% in 2009. "Nowadays, kids think that                baseball is a white man's game," said Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities [RBI] founder John                 Young in 1992. His program to organize youth teams in black communities is an effort to reverse        that trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment