Thursday, March 17, 2016

Planning for the spring break

            Finally, but not at least, I have developed the website for Prospects of Mankind. I haven’t completed and finalized it yet, but I am very excited to display it to the public (especially probably all of you as well!). I can’t pretend that it was super easy to develop and design the website—it truly took time and annoying obstacles to develop it in which way I wanted it to be. You can go ahead and see the website at https://prospectsofmankindblog.wordpress.com/. (NOTES: it is not completed, so it is likely for you to be confused at its incomplete context.)

            For my senior thesis, I just had received the feedbacks from my primary advisor, Professor Carroll, on my draft 2 yesterday (3/16/2016). I am currently reviewing the feedbacks just to understand where she had gave the feedbacks based off her clarifications and additions of transition sentences linking the sections together. The draft 2 was the most difficult task I ever had approached in this semester, as I wrote it. Rather, I had to write on the developments of two types of exhibits (both digital and a traditional onsite). While I somehow had no problem writing the design of the website, I struggled with the design of a traditional onsite exhibit. I did not choose a location to use for the exhibit of Prospects of Mankind because I realized that the issues in related to the space and physical structures would prevent my design of an onsite exhibit. Instead, I was able to provide my studio-based ideas of how an exhibit should look and communicate to the public.


           Since spring break is just around soon, I will spend time developing the website, as well as the selection of the images and documents such as transcripts to add in the appendix of my thesis. Then I will rewrite and edit my overall thesis. I hope I will complete most of those in time because I also have another plan during the break—I have to apply for a visa for my internship in London this summer. Just well…wish me luck on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment