Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Blog 7: Thesis Progress Over Intercession

Over intercession my plan of work includes the following schedule below:

Plan of Work 
Week of Dec 19th
Fix suggested changes from the review of Muse Faculty and Advisers
Week of Dec 26th
Continue research on digitizing bound books
Research papier-mâché books
Week of Jan 2nd
Continue research on cradles and how to make them
Continue conversation with Dr. Galbraith about how to treat the book during the 3D scanning process and if they already have a cradle that can work
Week of Jan 9th
Research alternative places to 3D print on RIT’s campus just in case the filament at the Construct does not provide a high enough resolution
Week of Jan 16th
Edit Intro and first body paragraph
Contact Mike before the start of the semester to schedule some time to come to the archive during early Spring Semester
Week of Jan 23rd (week 1 of Spring Semester)
Make sure that the proposal, intro, and research are completed before the first day of class

My goal is not to abandon this project during the course of the break and leave everything to the last moment before the first day of school. My plan is to allocate at least two days a week to each bullet point. My goals include to edit the parts of my thesis that already exist, research papier-mâché books and create a work schedule that will orchestrate all the people involved in my thesis. One circumstance that might hinder weekly progress is my possible internship at Kodak; however, I am still able to work on my thesis at night as well as during the weekends. I do not doubt that I will make progress this intercession and I can't wait to experiment next semester.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I enjoyed talking with you and Dr. Galbraith today. And, I look forward to connecting further next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that you're planning to work with Mike early in the Spring as opposed to late this semester. Things get pretty crazy at the Construct near the end of the semester, as everyone is trying to finish final projects, so this plan should help you move forward without too much stress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete