Thursday, May 5, 2016

Senior thesis reflection

It's almost at the end of the road with the MUSE program for us senior students. It's almost at the end of the chapter for us and beginning of a new chapter for all of us. I would like to acknowledge my supporters (MUSE faculty and staffs, my family and friends) who believed in me and encouraged me to pursue my goals. I truly am thankful.

My experience with senior thesis was pretty difficult than I anticipated. I started off with Deaf Studies collection with Laurent Clerc, a Deaf and Mute educator from France, and ended up with a thesis focusing on Online Exhibition and a case study at American School for the Deaf.  The transition wasn't easy and I consider this challenge as an learning experience to help me overcome any obstacles later in life.

I'm currently working on revising my thesis paper before submitting for final review and advisor signatures. Recently,  my 1:3 (one to three) meeting with Dr. Julie Decker, Dr. Mary Beth Kitzel and a sign language interpreter, we had a healthy discussion about certain areas with my paper which needed some revisions, filled up and reviewed my poster before finalizing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment