Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Chapter is Finally Closed But...

Whew... It was rather a long way to pay off! But it is sort of safe for me to say I have completed my senior thesis. I hope so! Today was all we had looked forward to--RIT's College of Liberal Arts Poster Session! It was very incredible experience when presenting my poster and my findings to faculty, students and community members. I truly enjoyed explaining my findings with them and even discussed with them on the current issues, e.g., women's rights, civil rights, and etc. Ironically, some of them admitted that they actually did not know much about such issues in details, which shocked me a bit.

From what I have learned in my research, it is essential to find as many issues as you can in order to comprehend the aspects of the issues, and arm yourself with a knowledge and understanding of issues. Understandingly, it is also hard to find the sources that are not academically rigorous and/or heavily bias in nature. If someone was interested in researching on current issues, I would encourcage them to stay focus and dig more on those, rather than just choosing a topic on one issue where he or she may not be able to grasp an understanding of that. The current issues are often sensitive, let alone to discuss those.

While my senior thesis might be completed, I will continue working on my website of Prospects of Mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment