Monday, October 3, 2016

Thesis topic

For my senior thesis topic, I have chosen food to be an overarching theme. Specifically, how museums are using food and alcohol to attract new audiences through experiential events. So far I have narrowed it down to an area that I have found little information about. I would like to look at the appropriateness of the use of these alcohol and food driven programs. There are areas on the spectrum of appropriateness that some museums do not pay attention to and tend to abuse this opportunity to gain attention that does not always fit their mission. An article that I was inspired by was this one here. Understandably, there does not seem to be many scholarly writings about this due to the recent shift with many museums. They are still piloting several of these programs and working through kinks that continue to pop up at museums across the country and presumably around the world.

1 comment:

  1. Is your research question "How are museums using food and alcohol to attract new audiences through experiential events?" I wasn't sure if your second sentence is it.

    ReplyDelete