Thursday, February 9, 2017

No more fiddling about

My project, the paper and podcast about fiddle tunes in New York has been coming along well. The past three or four weeks have proved to be quite productive. I have focused my project even more, making it a manageable work load. My idea is to have three episodes. One will be focused on Professor James Kimball of Geneseo, one will be focused on an older member of the fiddle community and the third will be centered on a younger member. Using this approach I will be able to give a scholarly look at fiddle tunes in the region, as well as a look from two different generations of players. Doing this will allow me to get a more varied look at the community, we can almost see the progression of how the tradition of these tunes has changed using this method. Aside from that, I have begun writing a background on this music in New York. I talk briefly about how the music got to America before telling how it differentiated itself from its European origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment