Friday, February 10, 2017

Thesis Update Post First Draft


Here we are at the end of weeks three of the final semester. I just wanted to give some updates about what I have been up ever since last semester. So far I have made quite a bit of progress in the sense of attending events and getting observational data as well as qualitative data given to me by one of my readers. I am feeling pretty satisfied with the progress that I have made and am looking forward to moving further along with the writing. I have broken down what I have accomplished throughout the past few weeks. Enjoy!
Week 1:
I revised my thesis proposal and sent it to my advisors for review;
Tina Lent commented back on the proposal;
Joelle Adolfi sent me surveys pertaining to the RMSC after hour events that we discussed in our meeting;
I reviewed the comments from last semester's meeting with the faculty and began answering them;
I began making a survey for RIT college student to gage what their interests might be for after hour events;
finally I attended the College Night at the MAG and did observations.

The next week (week 2) I accomplished:

I met with Tina to discuss the changes I would make to the abstract and the ideas that Dr. Decker and I discussed in class;
I also attended the MAG College Night and did observational work;
talked to the professionals running it;
I wrote up more about the Strong event and began writing my survey that I will have done next week.

Week 3:
This week I wrote my first 5 pages of my thesis about the Strong Museum Happiest Hour;
I got signed off on my thesis proposal by Joelle and Tina;
I am also attending my final observation at the RMSC Friday evening and will observe the behavior and procedure of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment