Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thesis Update

Update for March 09th

This iteration of my work has added in new research from books about the cultural changes brought about by American women during and after World War I and the lasting impacts on culture they left.
Understanding the gender dynamics of these periods of time is important, as the female form and the pinup model are some of the most iconic cultural influences of popular World War II nose art.
During my recent research, I've also gathered a great amount of historical and cultural information regarding other themes and subjects of nose art, which will be invaluable for my proceeding iterations in discussing the cultural backgrounds of the art.

1 comment:

  1. Phillip, you have made a lot of progress over the past few weeks as far as research into gender and cultural conventions and constructs. I look forward to reading and discussing your second draft!

    ReplyDelete