Monday, December 4, 2017

Looking Forward


As we come to the end of the semester, I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I can accomplish over winter break for my thesis project. I will be spending most of break at home in Poughkeepsie, so I would like to do my full assessment of the Kodak Archive before the end of the semester. I have a conference call scheduled with my former supervisor, Kristin Williams, next week to discuss goals for the project so I will have a clear direction moving forward and I will be able to tailor my recommendations to Kodak's needs.
My last day at Kodak during our winter internship, January 2017. Looking forward to getting back here soon! (picture taken by Alex Serpikov)
I will be using my free time at home to revise my thesis proposal and continue to gather sources. I will also be reaching out to some professional corporate archivists, both local and around the country, to hear their thoughts and advice on my approach to this project.

This has been a whirlwind of a semester, and I am looking forward to continuing my research and writing moving forward!

5 comments:

  1. I've been wondering this whole time what the physical archives space at Kodak looks like... now I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... That's definitely a spooky basement space.

      Delete
    2. I promise it's prettier from the other angle......kind of.....

      Delete
  2. Good idea to reach out to professional corporate archivists to get their take on your project and plans! I also was thinking of reaching out to some design archivists to pick their brains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think speaking to professional archivists are a great idea! I also think that being able to get a lot done in your own thesis work and pulling sources is a great way to be able to get things done while being away from your main source material. I hope that your break is fruitful and enjoyable and look forward to hearing more about what you have learned.

    ReplyDelete