Friday, October 16, 2020

What I am learning and still need to learn.

 So far in my research I have learned that there are many different ways to bring out collections from storage but they are expensive and not always an option for smaller institutions. These large institutions are able to buy whole new buildings to display artifacts and hire individuals to help them with plans and building. While small institutions with small budgets do not have this option at all. They cannot just go out and buy a new space for their collections. I have found however there are ways for these small institutions to do things similar to what a large institution can do just a different way and on their own. Doing their own photography and creating an online presence are all ways that they can do these things on their own. 

I still need to find sources relating to my institution’s size. There is so much information out there about what large institutions can and are doing but not as much for the small ones. I think that as I go along with my institution they can provide insight and also point me in the right direction to sources that I may not be able to find otherwise.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie, I think it is really exciting that you have placed such a large emphasis on how to aid smaller institutions in better exhibiting what is held in their storage. I also think it is exciting that you will be focusing on a particular institution, because that will allow you to convey your ideas and thoughts very clearly. Is it possible that you can take examples from larger institutions and alter them to fit the needs and budgets of smaller institutions?

    ReplyDelete