Thursday, October 22, 2020

What I want from my topic

 For my topic, I still have a bit of focusing I need to do, but I have a relative idea about what I want from the project. For starters, I want to learn more about why more projects like this aren't done. I remember reading about projects where there are access points to collections in the museum, but they usually follow the same format of displaying stuff on a wall. I understand it is an extensive project to photograph and create labels for all these items, but why not just reduce the scope of the project. I would also like to know more about how patrons interact with individual pieces in a museum exhibit. Since the deliverable for my project will be more or less disconnected from the pieces around it, how will consumers interact with it?

As far as things I am learning I think it mainly stems from learning how children learn through playing. Different types of play help them to learn different things better. Including something enjoyable while learning makes the process far less jarring for little kids who have done nothing but play since they were born. It has also taught me that different age groups engage with different types of playing. Younger kids enjoy playing while learning, as long as the learning is done with simple concepts like colors and shapes. Older children (8-12) prefer to be challenged with puzzles which is teaching pattern prediction. Many card games and video games use this type of puzzle throughout games. They start with the most simple puzzle and slowly build on the solution from that puzzle to create the new puzzles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment