Monday, April 12, 2021

Phew!

 Having submitted my full draft last week, I can now look back and really evaluate the process of how I reached this point. Thinking of August and September of last year, I remember wanting to write something about the Impressionists and their effect on Art History, but I also knew that I should step out of my comfort zone, and expose myself to new ideas and works. Moving into the world of contemporary art (and KAWS) was really different for me, and I definitely had to adjust my thinking, but I am so excited about the opportunities and lessons my research has given me.

In terms of moving forward, I am looking forward to the final adjustments and tweaks that I will make to the final thesis, and also to finalizing my video presentation. While this is all very exciting, I do realize that my time in the Museum Studies program is coming to a close, making everything very bittersweet. Having said that, I will do my best to fully take in the next three and a half weeks, and if I'm lucky, I may even think of a title for my thesis!

No comments:

Post a Comment