Friday, August 27, 2021

Corrina's Introduction

 Hello, My name is Corrina Mullins, and I am a 3rd year Museum Studies major on the Public History track with a theatre arts immersion. 

I am from Northeast Ohio, around the Cleveland area. I have twin sister and a younger brother, Kayla and Wyatt respectively. When the three of us were little, my dad worked days and my mom worked nights. Over the summer, my mom would take us on day trips to museums, zoos, and libraries around the area. I can't remember a time when I didn't have a interest in museums. Specifically, I've always been drawn to living history and live interpreters in historical spaces. 

This summer I got the opportunity to work with the Rochester Museum and Science Center expanding the Changemakers exhibition online. This opportunity helped me to grow my research and writing skills and helped me realize a passion I have for researching an individual. This new found passion works very well with my passion for live history and creating stories for interpreters based off of real people's lives. 

I hope to bring all of these passions together in my thesis project and am very exciting for the upcoming semester!

An image of me portraying the wife of a Revolutionary War Veteran at a live history installation


1 comment:

  1. This is a fantabulous picture, Corrina. Thanks for sharing. And, I love the way you have framed your past experiences as integral to where you are now as an emerging scholar. Looking forward to learning more about your topic and details as we move along this semester!

    ReplyDelete