Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Introduction

       Hi, name is Hannah Riley. I am a Museum Studies student with a minor in History. I am from Buffalo, NY which is home of the Buffalo Bills. Fun fact: I share a birthday with Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen. I am also a peer navigator for the College of Liberal Arts. In the future I want to work in a Museum as a curator or a collections manager. My dream job would be at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame because I love rock music. Some of my favorite bands are Fleetwood Mac, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Lumineers. Listening to live music is one of my favorite things to do. I also enjoy thrifting, painting and swimming in my free time. 

I have been fortunate to have many great opportunities in the museum studies field that I would not get anywhere else. I have had the opportunity to work at the Genesee Country Village Museum, The Albright Knox, and the Castellani Art Museum along with working with a private collection. My favorite project was working with the private collection. This project was cataloging William C. Miles poster collection. This was a private collection of over 1,0000 1960s counterculture posters. This included drug posters, political posters, and psychedelic rock posters with artists like Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, and Jimi Hendrix.




(This is one of my favorite posters from the William C. Miles poster archive collection. It is a rock concert poster for the Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin's band) It embodies the style of psychedelic art in that era.)


1 comment:

  1. Hannah, it's great to see one of these examples from your summer internship experience! Wow! that's a great poster, and I can see why you are compelled to do research on them for thesis. Looking forward to talking over ideas!

    ReplyDelete