Saturday, August 28, 2021

  Hi everyone!


My name is Vanesa Chiodo and I'm from Penfield, NY. I am a 4th year Museum Studies major, with minors in history and legal studies, as well as being on a pre-law track. It is my hope to go to law school and study art law or cultural heritage law. I would love to one day work in a museum and deal with legal issues regarding repatriation of art and artifacts. 


I've been able to have some amazing internship experiences over the years, the first of which was at The Strong National Museum of Play. I was a public programs intern and was able to create fun programs from children that revolved around different exhibit themes going on in the museum. For my other internship, I worked with the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, where I lead all of their social media accounts. I was able to do research on many different cultural holidays and events so that I could post about them on social media, which was a great learning experience! 



                (This is a photo of me at The Strong Museum next to the Berenstain Bears Exhibit)

1 comment:

  1. This is always one of my favorite pictures! You have to love those bears!

    Great update, Vanesa.

    I'm fascinated to learn more about your Folklife internship - maybe you could talk with my Cultural Heritage class sometime.

    Looking forward to checking in about your topic this week!

    ReplyDelete