Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Introduction to project

Hello!

To introduce myself, my name is Finn Bishop-Duford. However, if you know too many Finns, Fern works too! I prefer he/they pronouns. I am a fourth-year museum studies student with an immersion in political science.

As I studied here at RIT, I began working with my community within the museum world. Because of this, my thesis and project are no exception to this. For my project, I will work with my alma mater, Ogdensburg Free Academy, to curate at the James F. Montpelier Gallery in Ogdensburg, New York. I am working with my old art teacher, Dianne Drayse-Alonso along with three other curators to explore our theme; "Finding Balance: Exploring our Relationship with Nature." The artwork displayed will be a variety of mediums including digital art, ceramics, paintings, drawings, and sculptures. All of these pieces will be made by students from Kindergarten to 12th grade, at Ogdensburg City School District. 

My desire for this project stems from my childhood dream to have one of my art pieces displayed in the gallery. This dream came true when I was in high school, but now I would like to take part in curating in the gallery with children who may have a similar dream. 

I am excited to be working on this project and updating everyone on my progress! Thank you for reading :)

Finn/Fern

Here is a photo of me and my cat Prismo!


No comments:

Post a Comment