Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Complications with Research

Beginning to write my thesis has been a slow but steady process. The testing I have been planning to do all along has begun to unravel. I intended to use the spectrophotometer owned by the George Eastman House and housed in the conservation department. Unfortunately, the one that they own cannot gather spectral information on a transparent material. I'm trying to think of other possibilities for a thesis topic with the sources and information I currently have. I am making a last ditch effort to make this testing possible, even trying to rent my own portable/handheld spectrophotometer that has transmission capabilities.This is the third time in the past year where I have been faced with a drastic change to my project. I understand that this is the nature of research, but it is difficult to accept.
Photo taken by the author of the George Eastman House

No comments:

Post a Comment