Monday, March 2, 2015

Research Methods- Issues

I am attempting to figure out what my research question should be, in an effort to research more effectively in an attempt to answer this question. My question at this point is, "How is a museum similar to a retail space, and how can a museum adapt the principles that retail stores use to attract visitors and promote an engaging experience?" This is a rough question and it is possible that it will change.
Some of the research I have been doing in regard to this question has been difficult because it seems to be a fairly under-researched topic in general. Finding credible, legitimate sources has definitely been a challenge!
I am also not sure of the exact path I will be taking, if I will have a somewhat broad focus and think of general museums and general stores, or focus on a specific store or a specific museum as more of a case study approach. 
If anyone has any suggestions from when they did their research, it would be helpful!


Katy Kusse

No comments:

Post a Comment