Thursday, March 19, 2015

Rediscovering Excitment

Since my last post, things have changed once again. I was having difficulty acquiring a spectrophotometer for use during my research. The George Eastman House and the Color Science department are more than happy to assist me but both options involved complications. Dr. Decker saved the day and put me in touch with Professor William Ryan from the College of Science. His help has been invaluable and validating at this point. He has solved my spectroscopy issue. We will be making one with a cardboard box and a light bulb, along with some tools that are accessible to him in his lab. Professor Ryan has also volunteered his time to assist me with the testing at the George Eastman House, analyzing results, and compiling a poster about the process. It's been a validating experience to have someone in a different college express interest and excitement in my thesis topic after having mixed responses from a number of people.



Picture taken by the author at the George Eastman House exhibit "In Glorious Technicolor."

No comments:

Post a Comment