Friday, March 20, 2015

Condition report forns

Recently, I found out that there are no  condition reports from when the Wildenhain collection was first brought to RIT. This was a small curve ball to deal with, but in the end I do not think that it will have a large (if any) affect on the final paper.  In fact, the absence of the forms allows me to create a whole new system of condition reporting that the archives can use. I think the hardest part of is going to be actually creating a form that is not time consuming or slow and gives enough information and is simple to use.

I have looked at other institutions and how they do their report forms. The two that seem like they would fit the RIT archives are The Getty and City of Cambridge public art collection. Hopefully I can adapt the parts that I think are most useful and easiest to use/ to understand.

Already having done the condition reports in note form, it will be easy to take what is in my note book and simply transfer it onto a formal document.


No comments:

Post a Comment