Thursday, December 10, 2015

Intercession Research Plan

Over the intercession I plan to do as much reading on my topic as I can, specifically about the ingredients and practices they would have used during the late 1800s. I will start with what I have in my annotated bibliography, and then move on from there to fill in the blanks, with the ultimate goal of being able to develop a historic recipe with Swiftwater brewing. I'll probably spend an hour or two most days reading my various sources, instead of my normal nightly reading. Since I won't be back in Rochester until late January, I want to be be able to talk with them about what we could do within the first week that I get back. Since the process of brewing will take about two and a half months to complete, I want to be able to get started on it as soon as possible. It will also be a great starting point for the rest of my writing.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun project! I assume that you will include the recipe you come up with in your appendix. Will you also share your results online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors during intersession. While it is unfortunate that you will not have an excessive amount of time to research during break, I believe that your plan you have proposed will work as long as you stick to it. I feel as though you are passionate about your project and it sounds like it will be an interesting experience for you. In a similar vein as Carly, will you be trying the results of your historic recipe?

    ReplyDelete