Friday, December 11, 2015

Intersession Research

Now that classes are wrapping up it is time to look towards the next coming weeks. Starting next Monday I will be starting to scan illustrations and put both colored and non colored in a spread sheet, I'm going to take to the end of the month to find any textual evidence to support the colors that were used. The other big project I have to do is transcribe and attempt to translate the reader response found in each copy. I plan on having that done hopefully by Week 1. Now that I am no longer doing any imaging on the book, it leaves a lot more time to do these two projects as well as look for more sources and reread the sources I have and taking careful notes on them. At this point I don't really know what will come out of this research but I am really excited to find out.

Marginalia in the Cary's copy
Marginalia at Columbia University


Reader Response at Newberry 

No comments:

Post a Comment