Thursday, April 7, 2016

A near-end checkin

With the deadlines quickly approaching, I've been thinking about what I can and can't include in my thesis. I have to decide what's actually relevant to the topic, and what things are just tangents that I personally enjoy. So my most recent meetings with my advisor we talked about what I will need to do to really call my thesis complete. The core thing I have yet to finish are the modern day equivalents to historic marketing and methods that I've already done research into. I've put these off till now largely because I came into this class with an already strong grasp of these things. We made sure that I'd have a reasonable amount of time to finish all of these things. And with recent visits to the various archives and collections, and the rate of writing I've had in the past week or so I think I will be able to finish with an okay amount of breathing room.

Another thing that came up was my abstract. As we talked about in class just a few minutes ago my abstract needs some work. Since my planned direction and the path I'm taking differed I will have to change some wording, and along with this I will also have to change the tenses used. When I initially wrote it I wrote it as if I hadn't done it yet, which I hadn't, and also without really delving into the research.

1 comment:

  1. Samuel, I am glad to see the direction that your paper has taken; it has changed some from the original abstract. But the spirit of historical connection and past-presentness is still there. I look forward to reading your final paper!

    ReplyDelete