Thursday, April 7, 2016

'Nightmarish' Completion

           Before the spring break, my advisor, Professor Carroll, and I had discussed on my thesis. I had told her what I learned from the WordPress in the process. It is understandable that it takes time to create and design my own site via the WordPress. In the process, I faced some difficulties. For instance, I couldn’t upload the digitalized videos that are from other sources, aside from YouTube or Vimeo. It is because there is a difference between upload and embed, so it is obvious that I can’t upload a video from other sources, rather than YouTube and Vimeo. But I can embed videos from YouTube channel or Vimeo. I yet have to test it, though.
            Therefore, Professor Carroll suggested me to contact my previous employer, Christy Regendhardt, who is the editor of the Eleanor Roosevelt Papers Project where I had interned at in DC last summer in 2015, about the transcripts that I am planning to post on my site. We had to take precautions concerning the copyright. Fortunately, Christy gave me a thumb up to post the transcripts. Of course, I will provide a link on my site to the new GWU website that is not fully functional yet, according to Christy, but it will be functional in July. Hopefully, this issue is solved.

            Last, but not at least, with new things to add on my thesis, I am editing the context of my thesis. I have to make sure that the context goes smoothly. Not only that, but I also have incomplete things to finish. I hope I can finish them this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Kellie, you've done a great job so far of pulling together ways to manage an onsite and online exhibition. And, congratulations for taking on the task of learning a digital tool, Wordpress. Everyone says "it's so easy!" but there are nuances that make it a challenge. I look forward to reading your final paper!

    ReplyDelete