Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Introduction - Daniel Krull

Hi!

Most of you in our class know me, but for those who don't, I'm Daniel Krull. I'm both a Museum Studies major and a Fine Art Studio major. That means if you can't find me in the Liberal Arts building, or in the Wallace Center, I'm probably down in my art studio. I'm in my 4th year for both programs, which means I should finish my studies at RIT next Fall. I love learning about all aspects of the Museum field, but I have a special appreciation for art, art history, and galleries.

I currently work at the Center for American Indian Languages, which can be found in RIT's Anthropology/Sociology department. I'm essentially the sole librarian at CAIL, as I'm in charge of organizing & cataloging the collection. This summer, I had the fantastic opportunity to intern at View in Old Forge, NY. View is an arts center, which has multiple gallery spaces and hosts a variety of workshops. I got to teach workshop classes, such as Glass Fusion and the Paint on Pottery class. In addition to assisting in the workshop, I helped the curator, Cory Card, with preparing for, laying out, and hanging quite a few shows while I was at View. I was even given the chance to be in charge of laying out a show, which was a great learning experience.


I can't wait to get to know all of you better than I already do, and I'm really looking forward to learning better ways of conducting my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment