Saturday, April 1, 2017

Updates as of March 30th - Some Hiccups

While approaching the end of the thesis and the semester, I am finishing my project as well as the thesis paper. Currently, I am trying to figure out some hiccups created by holes in my scan. With these holes present the computers and 3D printers crash making it hard to finish the printing section and conclusion of the paper. The holes create tunnels through the model and create too many triangles. This is depicted in the image below:
However, once this is complemented the book can be printed in gold PVA to preserve detail, paint can be applied to make it look like the authentic object and the paper can be finished. However, to prepare for the rapidly approaching deadline on Thursday I am going to predict the outcomes in order to finish the paper. Similarly, I am going interview Dr. Galbraith to finish the archival statement and give advice into how to implement the 3D model on to the Cary's website to complete the project on time and as promised. The last thing on my list is to capture a picture of the Cary Collection to finish the appendices. Hopefully, the model can be printed soon so I can finish the paper and focus on the poster.

1 comment: