Friday, May 4, 2018

May the Fourth Be With You

(Above: Myself and Dr. Decker at Senior Thesis Poster Sessions, where we all present the culmination of our work in an abbreviated format.  May 2018).

Wow.

I did that. 

(Above: Me and my friend Tristen standing in front of my poster for my senior thesis). 

I feel so awesome I barely have the words. This has been an incredible journey. And I'm so thankful to all those who have helped me to complete it. Thank you Cam, for introducing me to the Public Market. Thank you Dr. Carroll and Dr. Brown for guiding me through this process; it wasn't easy, but it was made bearable (and at time enjoyable even) because of you. Thank you to my senior thesis classmates and co-workers at the Cary Graphic Archives for being so supportive during this year long journey. And thank you Dr. Decker for providing a well-structured and creative environment for us to create the best theses that we possibly could. It's been wild, you guys, and I'm grateful that I got to spend the time that I did with all of you.

(Above: Me and my friends during my first visit to the Rochester Public Market).


-K.T. Jackson

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kayla, on a job very well done. Your project is a thoughtful examination, with qualitative data, of one of Rochester's most beloved and inclusive landmarks—the public market! Thank you for bringing attention to this jewel and for making the point that museums have much to learn from civic spaces, places, and communities. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete