Monday, November 16, 2020

Thinking Ahead to Winter Break

 While it seems impossible, my Thesis Proposal has been submitted, and I must now begin to prepare for how I can build upon my ideas over Winter Break. To begin, I will focus a large portion of my time on reading the wonderful resources provided to me by both my Primary and Secondary Advisors. Through these readings, I hope to learn more about the world of social media, and its multiple applications, in combination with how artists specifically use the various platforms. As I have devoted most of my time throughout the semester to learning about KAWS, I now understand the importance of understanding and learning more about the broader concepts of my topic- outside of my singular case study. In addition to these readings, I plan to continue to follow KAWS and his work through social media to ensure that I am aware of any components that may strengthen my Thesis.

Since this Winter Break will be longer than in previous years, I plan to set aside time each week to focus on my readings, and for further research I may conduct as a result. While I will set this time aside each week, I will also take time to step away from my project for a few days at a time, as I usually benefit from time away from projects as it allows me to think more clearly about where I wish to go. Through this balance of time spent focused on my project, and time spent away, I hope to emerge from Winter Break with a stronger argument and more fully-enriched research.

Thank you to everyone for such a great semester!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney!

    This sounds like a great plan for winter break. I think you are putting yourself in a great place for next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds like a great idea. You have clearly spent a long time researching KAWS and how he uses social media, so taking a break from one artist and seeing how others take a similar approach could be really refreshing and might be just the thing to clarify what you need to do as you continue your thesis.

    ReplyDelete