Tuesday, February 6, 2024

First Draft Completed and Data Curation: James Falotico

 Hello, welcome back to another update of my thesis and project. Since my last update, I have accomplished quite a lot. First, I held a reception for my exhibition and gave visitors access to an exit survey so I could start curating data for my thesis. So far, I have received 65 completed surveys, and I am now digging through the data from the study and organizing it in a way usable in my thesis. To give a small window into the data I collected, the object that captured the audience's attention the most was a poster titled Save Waste Fats For Explosives (I have included an image below). The poster motif that stood out the most to the public is The Enemy (I have included a picture of a poster that displays the enemy below). Moving away from the exhibit side of my project, I have also reached out to Jessy Ohl from the University of Alabama and have received the website traffic data from his online exhibit Persuasive Weapons: WWI Propaganda Posters, which I will soon analyze to find visitor patterns and measure visitor engagement. Finally, I have completed and sent out the first draft of my thesis to my thesis advisors, and I look forward to reading their feedback. 

Link to Jessy Ohl's online Exhibit: https://apps.lib.ua.edu/blogs/worldwariposters/     


Save Waste Fats for Explosives



An example of a poster that displays the motif of the Enemy.
Hun or Home?




No comments:

Post a Comment