Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Still Chugging Along

I thought my blog post was published yesterday but it did not! So here is an additional submissions on 2/7. 

Since turning in the first draft last week, I have had a lot of time to think about what else I need to add to make my thesis stronger. While writing my draft, I realized it would be beneficial to have a section added that talked about migratory farming and farmers from Central and South America. I realized this after thinking about the Clarissa Uprooted project and how there are similaries there. I will be spending a lot of time doing more research into this section in regard to both primary and secondary sources. I also have my first interview with the former mayor of Winchester, Virginia who helped run the festival for many years and had many different roles in the planning. I am very excited to talk with him and hear his memories and stories. I will be basing our conversation on the questions Landyn Hatch and Dr. Carroll have both looked over. I also found some great pictures of myself in the Grand Feature Parade that I will attach here and look into adding to my thesis figures as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment