Thursday, February 19, 2015

A More Defined Thesis Direction

My thesis has always had the direction of motion picture film and being able to utilize the resources of a historically innovative city such as Rochester. I wanted to compare Technicolor and Eastman Color motion picture film, not to determine one superior to the other. I intend to illustrate the differences primarily in the dyes used between the Technicolor and Eastman Kodak corporations. Since the beginning of the Spring semester, I have been developing my thesis to include how my thesis impacts museums by illuminating the possible issues with primarily the object's exposure to light. The use of a spectrophotometer will create spectral curves that could benefit the accuracy of color reproductions of object images when printing for publications. The curves could also illustrate changes in color on a object over a period of time, making it a useful tool for preventative conservation.

Photo of Kodak corporate headquarters in Rochester, NY taken by the author

No comments:

Post a Comment