Thursday, February 19, 2015

Current status

Currently, I have revised my outline based on Dr. Decker's helpful notes for revision and started writing. I have dived into a random spot—a section based on my own personal experience at the library, instead of going right for the research at the beginning. I think this was a good choice considering my experience is still so fresh in my mind and I can get it all down at once in a less-but-still formal way. The rest of my museum classes are going fine. The Susan B. Anthony application project for Visitor Engagement and Museum Administration is coming along nicely. I am helping create a timeline of not only the historical neighborhood that surrounds the Susan B. Anthony House and Museum but also describing the rest of Rochester's history based around those years. My goal is to finish the first ten pages of my rough draft this upcoming weekend, in which this is due a week from today in class. For my ten pages I plan on not only giving a background to the library I worked with and the department, but also the background regarding the collection I digitized over the summer and the sort of equipment, frustrating and not, I worked with.

Below are a few photos of the desktop scanner I used while scanning the collection. 





No comments:

Post a Comment