Thursday, October 29, 2015

Deaf Studies Library and Archive

National Deaf Studies Library and Archive Consortium is one of existing research models that i am currently working on. Consortium was designed to promote and develop resources for its members and to provide access to digital resources to documentation of Deaf experience, Cultures and histories for research and learning.  Same time, the National Deaf Studies Library and Archive Consortium is still in process of additional support with grants and interviewing facilities to manage the consortium.  The process of authorization of ownership, copyright and grant application is still new to me and i find it really interesting.

There are other existing models under certain groups but often issues occurs on these models (ex: Upgrade, update and/or in the transition of changing platforms). These models allowed me to do more research on which online platform is best as permanent use for digital library without any issues / concerns of changing platforms and providing more staff training. Also, to research more about range of service and collaborated projects using three-tiered infrastructure of three  type of partners (full-service hubs, Hosting hubs, and collection partners).

This research process had led me to meet several individuals who work in these field and two of them became my advisors for my thesis. I have selected Mary Beth Kiztel as my primary advisor and Joan naturale as my secondary advisor.

1 comment:

  1. Susana,

    It sounds like you are really making some progress in narrowing down all the areas of research that will support your project. Dr. Kitzel and Joan will be great advisors for your project. I can't wait to see how your thesis continues to develop!

    ReplyDelete