Thursday, February 18, 2016

Colorama Revisited

During the last part of the previous semester and over intersession, I have taken my thesis and project in a different direction. Previously, my thesis question was centered around the amount of research that was required to create a finding aid. One of the major obstacles with this thesis question, was finding a way to include the work that I have been doing at GEM, including rehousing and cataloging. My new thesis question is more central to the processes required to make a collection accessible, the byproduct being the creation of a thesis.

The transition the first week of the semester was scary, to say the least. I threw out 90% of my sources from my bibliography and almost my entire outline. Fortunately, I feel much more comfortable with where my thesis is headed now, and I was able to quickly makeup for lost time, and then some. Im excited to see where this goes and what the finished product will bring.

1 comment:

  1. Kenzie, glad that your project has become one of process and will incorporate some of your work from your position at the George Eastman Museum.

    ReplyDelete