Monday, February 15, 2016

The Progress of my Thesis

             During the intersession, I received the feedbacks from the RIT faculty Committee and reviewed those in order to understand where I was going to revise the changes in the additions to my thesis. They gave me a focus on a digital exhibit, which I did not think of before. Why didn’t I think of it before, I do not have a clue. My advisor, Professor Tamar Carroll, recommended the WordPress to begin. I yet have to create it, but I will do it this later within week 5 or 6.
Since I did not have the chosen books at home, I read the online sources and annotated those into a Word document that I would look up again. To my disappointment, I had a problem finding the sources of Prospects of Mankind, but I managed to find one or two of its film series. I had expected to find at least three than one film; nevertheless, I was very thrilled to watch those that I had found many interesting things about Eleanor Roosevelt, as well as the discussions on issues that reflect on women’s rights, social justice, and others.

Now it is in week 5, I am extremely busy, but I have been trying to make several times to work on my thesis, to meet with my advisors to discuss, to skim the sources and to continue undergoing the changes.

I also have been writing the roughly 10 pages of my thesis in the beginning, but as I wrote into 8 pages of my first draft, I found that it did not progress what I wanted it to in a way. Professor Decker suggested me to skip some of the sections that I may struggle with for now. That helps me to further my writing, although I feel very awkward to leave some of the sections blank for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Kellie, I am excited to hear about your enthusiasm with the digital exhibit. After you sketch out a few ideas for content and scope, as well as a name for it, let's meet up!

    ReplyDelete