Sunday, February 21, 2016

Reframing Thesis Paper, Deaf Collection and American School for the Deaf

Past few weeks flew by and my thesis paper constantly shifting its focus. I cannot believe the frustration I have with this paper. My goal is to organize a timeline to help me focus more on the thesis and invest more time in researching, organizing and re-formatting the topic.

Since the intercession, the topic paper went from Digital Archive and Curriculum Developing to  Deaf Collections’ Digital Archive and American School for the Deaf (ASD). ASD will be having their bicentennial (200th) celebration in the upcoming April 2017 and their goal is to establish a collaborated digital archive project. My goal with this project is to become involved with the project and do some digitizing, cataloging and to work remotely.

My thesis paper often went out of focus and that encouraged me to visit my advisors and asked for their feedbacks. After few days, with advisors feedbacks and several edits, i still couldn’t change the formats. I revisited and emailed them my several copies of  the first draft paper. Their feedbacks came out and it was still more than i assumed. Hopefully with 2nd paper, the vision might clear up better with developing details, restructuring clearer objectives.

Secondly, the research on the topic, Deaf Collections’ Digital Archive and American School for the Deaf, seem to be more clear point to start but elaborating more on the historical aspects, metadata, reading / research sources will be challenging for me to work with. Other than researching and reading, I'm maintaining contact with my connections, some of the coordinators at ASD, to plan my trip for a upcoming workshop related to ASD's collaborated project.

No comments:

Post a Comment