Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My thesis has taken many turns throughout the semester. At the start, all I knew is that I wanted to make it about fiddle music, but to what extent, I had no idea. When I finally had the idea to record a podcast, it felt like a lightbulb came on above my head. Since then, I have decided to not only record the songs, but also to interview people about what this music means to them. I want to show how this music was not only important to people back in the past, but also today. I am envisioning a blog where these podcasts can be found that will also give some background as well as some primary sources (sheet music, dance cards, advertisements, etc...)

2 comments:

  1. Your project definitely took many twists, but that is not a bad thing. I commend you for striving to get in touch with that professor and learning how to do a podcast. I would totally listen to them so please include the url in your thesis. I can even imagine Folk music being played at the Thesis Symposium in the Fall when we present out posters. Good luck and keep evolving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, I look forward to learning more about your project. One recommendation that I have is to include a transcript for your podcast in order to make it accessible. We might also talk about how to edit the podcast for listen-ability (short snippets).

    ReplyDelete